Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Spot Check..

I was damn a shock when one of the UPM lecturer called me this afternoon at 2.30pm where I was having my lunch with my boss and suddenly my phone rang; and the drama begins. It really shock my day off.

Lec: Hello, is this LAM PEY YEIN speaking??
Me: Yes, speaking.
Lec: I'm Dr. Sarjit Singh from the Head Department of........................ I AM now at ........ and going to reach ur place at 3pm.
Me: (Gosh, heart almost jump out) Oh, Dr. you reached already arh? Why so sudden? I was having event now la, not in office. (but actually having lunch) But never mind la, I will rush back with my boss. Is ok.
Lec: Oh, you having event now arh? Then ok la, I will reach ur place at 3pm.
Me: Ok, Dr. See you then.
Lec: Sure......


It was like talking with a friend but I actually don't know so well about this lec. He did not teach me before. BUT actually heart almost jump out but remain calm and steady cause this lec was very fussy and very strict type. I was like hell. My boss worst. She was like OMG, I wore like this. Ok arh, can meet your lec or not?? Then we rushed back office.

Really 3pm sharp, the lec arrived at my office doorstep. To my surprise again, it wasn't one lec but 2 lectures. CRAZY! then they start interviewing with my boss and talked for almost 1 hour. At the same time, my lec can do research with my boss cause so co-incidence he was doing a research title "Peranakan and Chetti" and so, my boss was the right person to interview cause she was a pure peranakan. Then this Dr is like telling me story cause this spot check was do on purpose cause they found out few cases where the students fake out the intership. So he was here doing spot check. So thank goodness, everything went off smoothly. But I pity the students that being bar-off.

Once he left, I was like fuuuu~~~~ RELIEVE...no bad comment, but truly good compliment. Thanks to my boss to actually...she was damn good in PR. Something I salute on her..

But coming this 3 days will be a hard time to come, cause having big event. Is the pepsi football roadshow. Many preparations and things gonna settle. Crossed fingers everything went off well... =)

1 comment:

heran said...

damn lucky la u...