Friday, April 11, 2008

Hectic Week!

Finally the busy week has come to an end. This whole week has been very busy with my deity’s big day (birthday) so there is only limited time for me. The GOD that I prayed is Xuan Tian Shang Ti. Some people would have started asking me what GOD is that. To know more about this GOD I have enclosed in the link for my readers to know more details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xuan_Wu_(God).Every night also spend my time in temple there for the ceremony and the only time where I reached home is already late at night already perhaps I shall say is already early in the morning. So this whole week I have only into my dreamland that time is almost the time when the fowl behind my house nearly going to make noise already. If it was one temple I have to attend maybe it does not sounds so bad but when it comes to 2 temples you have to attend then it sounds a bit not that superior already. Every day have to find the times to go to the both temples. Some people say praying is a good dead, some people say praying is to ask for GOD assistant but for me praying is not only for a good dead neither to ask for GOD assistant but praying itself can make people felt calm at times and can always makes you felt better. BUT, praying is not only all this…it has a deep studies about it. Some people might not even believe in GOD but cavernous in me I knew that the story behind it is something very mysterious and sometimes you might not believe it if you never seen it with your own eyes. Then, many questions yet to perplex in my mind and one of the questions are why we need to pray?

Why pray?
I’m desperate and there are a lot of things I need
Praying makes me feel close to God
It helps calm me and lets me get in touch with my inner self
Might as well; what do I have to lose?


You might wonder which, if any, of the answers above is the right one. After all, why do people pray?


Many people pray when they want something. Their football team isn’t doing too well on the field and they pray for a boost in the form of a win. They pray they might win the lottery because their current financial situation isn’t very reassuring. They might even pray for something noble like a cure for their ailing mother or a new job for a long-suffering friend. "Oh, God, please answer me…I’ll do anything if only you let me have this….I’m hoping against hope, but please!"
Then there are those who pray because they think they ought to. They identify prayer with following the rules and being good and faithful. Maybe God will cut them some slack if they kneel long enough for their knees to start hurting or say the right words enough times. They admire the people who pray a lot and believe them to be very holy, but can’t quite figure out how a person could pray for very long. Gee, it must be heroic for somebody to pray an hour every day or to praise God in prayer while he’s feeling bad.
Next come the radiant people, the people who feel at peace while praying. A soft mantle of bliss descends on them while they pray. Oh, how soothing and joyful it is to know for sure that the Lord is near and loves me and is my friend. What a great blessing and a treat it is to experience that comfort. How kind is God to come to me and bless me. When I pray all the wonder of the Lord rises up in me and I am lifted to His heart. I know He is guiding me, always at my side and reassuring me that all will be well.
For some people prayer is an inward conversation. The self-talk helps them sort through the labyrinth of various internal conflicts and contradictions and produces a welcome sense of stillness. This kind of meditation brings an emptying of the nonessential bustle and stress of worry about everyday problems and settles their minds. Prayer is a way of rest and extricating yourself from the mundane world. Ah, finally, some time to myself!
All these reasons for prayer have their merits. They all make some kind of sense. Maybe a few of them encapsulate the images we have of why we pray. But none of these reasons is the whole story. Maybe the closest answer to the question: "why pray?" is, strangely, the last response. "Oh, now, wait a minute," you might say. "What kind of evasive, nutty game are you playing? Are you saying that there’s not much point to praying and it’s just a casual gambit, a risk, a nebulous hope that something good might come out of prayer, but you can’t imagine what?"
And then I even came across a question from my friend asking me: Why do you practicing such things and believe in them so much? I did not angry at my friend who throws such question to me and at that moment I was surprised why he asked me that question? At that jiffy, I did not think twice on how to answer him and it just strike my mind at that moment to throw back the answer to him. Well, my answer is simple…
Because of greed, fear and ignorance. As soon as people understand the teachings of it, they realize that a pure heart can protect them much better than bits of paper, bits of metal and a few chanted words and they no longer rely on such things. In the teachings, it is honesty, kindness, understanding and patience, forgiveness, generosity, loyalty and other good qualities that truly protect you and give you true prosperity…And the feedback I get from him is a BIG BIG mouth open widely…hahaha…ok that all for now, for the long winding story and maybe for some people is nonsensical…

No comments: